Cabinet of Ministers approved Agreement with EU for financing of decentralization for 97 million euros
The program is developed for four years
On April 20 the Cabinet of Ministers approved the project of Agreement between the Government of Ukraine and the European Commission acting on behalf of the European Union on financing “U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme”.
The new program, which is under way as a part of the Agreement, is developed for four years and aimed at support of the local government reform, decentralization in Ukraine, and regional development as well. Total amount of the financing under the program is 97 million euros.
Political supervision and coordination of activities under the program are assumed to be carried out by the Ministry of Regional Development through the Central Center of Reforms, in conjunction with the EU, other international donors, central and local authorities involved in the process of decentralization.
“U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme” is being implemented in Ukraine by the European Union and its member countries: Germany, Sweden and Poland through German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). Formation of funds of the program: EU – 60 million euros, Germany – 6 million euros, Sweden – 30 million euros, Poland – 1 million euros.
As reported earlier, the key task in the plan of actions of the Government for 2016 is continuation of the decentralization reform.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars