British Foreign Office urges Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine
According to the Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond, Russia challenged the entire world order
Foreign Secretary of Great Britain Philip Hammond encourages Russian authorities to return the occupied peninsula of Crimea to Ukraine, it is said in the Foreign Secretary’s statement, published by the press service of the Foreign Office of Great Britain.
The Foreign Secretary reminded that the illegally conducted “referendum” on the basis of which Russia “included” Crimea into its territory, is not recognized and will never be recognized by the world community. According to Hammond, Russia challenged the entire world order by annexing Crimea.
“Such actions are totally unacceptable. Therefore, we counter these threatening actions and respond to them, among other things, by extending our sanctions against Russia”, - Hammond stated.
“Our position is clear – we don’t recognize and will never recognize unlawful occupation of Crimea by the Russia Federation”, - he added.
The British Foreign Secretary also mentioned systemic violations of right of Crimean Tatars on the annexed peninsula.
“The recent decision of Russia authorities to call the parliament of Crimean Tatars an extremist organization raises serious concern. All accusations of human rights violations need to be investigated in full extent”, - the Foreign Secretary emphasized.
“I call on the Russian Federation to stop the occupation and return Crimea to Ukraine”, - it is said in Hammond’s statement.
Earlier, on March 18, President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin visited occupied Crimea.
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars