Blockade's third day: Tatars demand to cut electricity for Crimea
Special groups of volunteers explore and close possible ways to escape the blockade
On the administrative border with the occupied Crimea for the third day action of provisionary blockade of the peninsula continued. Activists from Crimean Tatar organizations, “Pravyi Sektor”, and other participants still control three crossing points through the demarcation line with the annexed Crimea, explore countryroads which may be used to bypass the blockade.
According to Refat Chubarov, MP, head of the Crimean Tatars’ Mejlis, and one of the leaders of blockade, the situation is quiet, everything is going according to activists’ plan.
Chubarov states that the duration of the blockade depends on many factors."I said that we are ready for any time frame - a week, a month, half a year. There are many factors, which may influence," the politician said.
Kherson regional interior department reported that the situation at border crossings between the mainland Ukraine and occupied Crimea is completely under control. At the checkpoint "Kalanchak" 46 trucks still remain and 80 at "Chaplinka". Passenger cars pass without interference.
Earlier, leader of the Crimean Tatars and elder Chubarov’s comrade Mustafa Dzhemilev called to toughten the economic blockade and underlined that all the Crimean Tatars and other Ukrainian patriots living in the annexed peninsula would support such decision.
“In addition to the transport blockade of the Crimea, we are going to insist on another power failure of the Crimea, on the abolition of supply of electricity to the occupied Crimea. Russia supplies electricity to the Donbas, and in return Ukraine provides it to Crimea. In our view, this is contrary to country’s national interests", the leader of the Crimean Tatars said in his interview to Deutsche Welle.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars