Germany will never accept Russia’s illegal annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
‘We must restore European borders’, German foreign minister announced during ‘Potsdam Meeting’
Berlin will not recognize annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation and will not accept destabilization in Ukraine, which has been caused by Moscow, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier stated at a ‘Potsdam Meeting’, ‘Ukrinform’ reports.
‘We cannot accept annexation of Crimea and destabilization of the situation in eastern Ukraine, which is an outrageous neglect of international law. It has been clear from the very start, that neither recognition of the annexation, nor military solution of the conflict in Ukraine will be recognized’, - Steinmeier said.
According to the Foreign Minister, the situation in eastern Ukraine is very intense, there’s not much progress with implementation of Minsk peace deals.
‘Safety conditions are at a satisfactory level. Progress with political negotiations is very small. I don’t hide my disappointment’, - Steinmeier said.
He stressed the importance of Minsk peace deals and urged to prevent ‘escalation of armed conflicts’ at any cost: ‘We must restore European borders. In order to do this, solution of the crisis in Ukraine is vital. Both parties to the conflict must put in an effort’.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case