Bellingcat names key challenges for MH17 investigation
It’s highly likely, the investigation will conclude the aircraft was downed by Russian ‘Buk’, founder of Bellingcat Eliot Higgins believes
According to Higgins, the investigation needs to find out: who was inside the ‘Buk’ when the rocket was launched against MH17, ‘Apostrof’ reports.
‘We’re confident we have solid evidence to hold 53rd Russian brigade responsible for the accident. But it’s much more difficult to prove, who exactly pushed the button’, - Higgins said.
According to Higgins, it’s pretty clear, that the investigation’s main theory is that the rocket was launched from a ‘Buk’: ‘It’s hard to say, whether the evidence will actually point to a particular ‘Buk’ in the near future, but I’m sure we provided convincing evidence for the society, that it really was ‘Buk’ 332 of the 53rd Russian brigade’, - the founder of Bellingcat assures.
Responding to the question as to how results of the official investigation would influence Donbas conflict and the world’s attitude to Russia and Vladimir Putin, Higgins said: ‘I believe, it would be hard for other countries to have something to do with the country, which caused the deaths of 298 people, lied and falsified evidence afterwards’, - Higgins stated.
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars