Belarus poses no military threat for Ukraine: Ambassador
Kyiv and Minsk are interested in deeper economic and humanitarian contacts
Belarus will never pose military threat to Ukraine, Belarus’ Ambassador in Kyiv, Valentyn Velychko, stated.
‘We’ve received straightforward orders from highest state authorities: Belarus will never be a source of military aggression. Belarus has already expressed its support for Ukraine’s territorial integrity numerous times. As for the progress of Ukraine peace talks in Minsk – it’s just a platform, although we’re doing everything to minimize consequences of the conflict’, - Velychko said.
According to the Ambassador, Kyiv and Minsk are interested in good neighboring relations, deeper economic and humanitarian contacts.
Earlier, Russia’s defense Ministry announced deployment of its troops to the west, closer to border with Belarus.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars