Barack Obama prolonged sanctions against Russia due to occupation of Ukrainian territories
The sanctions are valid till March 6, 2017
US President Barack Obama signed a decree to prolong sanctions against the Russian Federation due to events in Ukraine, informed press service of the White House.
According to the decree “emergency measures are imposed in connection with efforts to undermine democratic processes in Ukraine, violate its sovereignty and territorial integrity”. According to Obama, such a situation creates extraordinary threat to national security and external policy of the USA.
The decree also mentions reasons the sanctions are imposed: annexation of Crimea, aggression on the territory of Ukraine, efforts to undermine democratic processes in Ukraine, threat to territorial integrity of Ukraine.
The decree 13660 from 6.03.2014, which allows arrest of assets of people involved in dispersal of Euromaidan is renewed. The decree 13661 from 19.03.2014, which allows imposition of sanctions on a number of Russian politicians is also renewed.
All the above mentioned sanctions are valid till March 6, 2017.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain