At least 5 million Ukrainians have left to live abroad: Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry
Many Ukrainian citizens went to live in Italy, Spain, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Russia, Germany and Poland
Currently, over 5 million Ukrainian citizens legally work and live abroad, this tendency continues to grow, representative of Ukraine’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Andrei Sibiga informed at the meeting with Ukrainian community in Warsaw, ‘Ukrinform’ reports.
‘Statistics says, currently, there are at least 5 million Ukrainian citizens legally working and living abroad. The figure is astonishing and it has a tendency to grow’, - he said.
Sibiga noted, that overwhelming majority of Ukrainians have left for Italy, Spain, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Russia, Germany and Poland.
According to Sibiga, the Ministry is doing everything to ensure safety of Ukrainians living in foreign states.
According to the State Statistics Service, as of April 1, 2016, Ukraine’s population amounted to 42,7 million people.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case