At least 177 National Guard officers killed, 700 wounded in eastern Ukraine conflict
Ukraine has paid a high price to protect its borders, according to Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
Over 177 National Guard officers have died and at least 737 have been wounded in Donbas conflict so far, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Oleksandr Turchynov, informed, ‘Interfax-Ukraina’ reports.
‘National Guard was established in March 2014. It repelled the enemy’s attacks, allowed us to conduct a country-wide mobilization and reinforce the army… But we’ve paid a high price: 177 National Guard officers have been killed and at least 737 have been wounded’, - Turchynov informed.
According to Turchynov, the National Guard possesses a very powerful arsenal of weapons: artillery, helicopters and tanks.
Earlier, Ukraine’s Interior Minister, Arsen Avakov, stated, that at least 308 officer with departments of the Interior Ministry and the National Guard have died in east Ukraine conflict.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels