Anti-Russian sanctions stay unchanged as long as Minsk peace deal not fully implemented: EU Council
‘The EU stays the course on Russia’ until complete implementation of Minsk agreement
The European Union will leave the round of economic sanctions against Russian unchanged, as long as Minsk peace deal is not fully implemented, President of the European Council Donald Tusk informed on Twitter.
‘Maritime, territorial claims should be based on international law and peaceful disoute settlement. Universal and non-negotiable basic principles, - Tusk wrote. - The EU stays the course on Russia, including economic sanctions unchanged as long as Minsk Agreement not fully implemented'.
Earlier, Co-President of the European Green Party, Rebecca Harms, stated, that Nadia Savchenko’ release won’t necessarily be followed by elimination of Western sanctions against Russia.
The State Department’s Coordinator for Sanctions Policy, Daniel Fried, confirmed, that the USA and its European allies are set to extend economic sanctions against the Russian Federation.
A number of Western countries have introduced several rounds of economic sanctions against Russian individuals and entities since Russia seized Crimea in March 2014.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars