Ambassador Pyatt: General Prosecutor should encourage reforms instead of blocking them
Funds allocated by the USA were not aimed directly at the General Prosecutor’s Office
Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt commented on the fact that the General Prosecutor’s Office allegedly didn’t receive funds allocated by the USA for its reformation.
In his microblog on Twitter the Ambassador of the USA stated that the funds were not meant for the General Prosecutor’s Office directly, but for international organizations, recognized by experts in the field of reform implementation in law enforcement. In particular Organization for economic cooperation and development received $200,000 to develop texts for the General Prosecutor’s Office.
According to Pyatt, the USA want to see real fight against corruption in the General Prosecutor’s Office, instead of open opposition to reforms.
“We want to see the General Prosecutor’s Office fighting against corruption instead of aggressively opposing reforms”, - Pyatt stated.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels