'Al-Qaeda terrorist' arrested by Ukraine's Security Service in Kyiv
An SBU spokeswoman says the suspect only travelled through Ukraine to gain access to the European Union
Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) says it has detained a member of the Islamic terror group Al-Qaeda. SBU spokeswoman Olena Hytlyanska told reporters the wanted suspect had intended to make a foreign passport in Ukraine and then depart for another country in the European Union, according to news outlet ‘Ukrainski novyny’ (‘Ukraine’s news’).
According to preliminary information, he didn’t have any plans to carry out a terrorist attack in Ukraine.
Interpol officially lists the suspect as an Al-Qaeda member.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case