69% of Ukrainians think Crimea must be part of Ukraine: Survey
Respondents are unsure as to how, when and under which circumstances Crimea will return to Ukraine
Overwhelming majority of Ukrainian citizens (69%) think Crimea must be part of Ukraine, analyst of the fund ‘Democratic initiatives’ Ruslan Kermach informed at a public debate: ‘The future of Crimea: is reintegration possible? How and when?’. The statistics is based on a survey conducted in May 2016.
Kermach noted, that only 12% of respondents support Crimea’s independence and just 7% recognize the peninsula as part of Russia. Moreover, 54% of Ukraine’s population believe, that Crimea’s return to Ukraine is possible in the near future.
According to the survey, vast majority of Ukraine’s citizens believe, that reintegration of Crimea is possible, whereas there are controversies among respondents as to: how, when and under which circumstances it is going to happen.
According to the expert, 32% of Ukrainians believe, that return of Crimea is likely only in long-term perspective, 39% suppose, that it’s necessary to promote the idea now, 31% of respondents believe, that overall the issue is important, but currently not urgent.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case