Clashes in Maidan. Journalists are attacked
There are clashes because certain people do not want events in Maidan to be aired on television
A man in Maidan Nezalezhnosti introduced himself as journalist at “Narodniy trybunal” (“People’s Tribunal”) newspaper Ihor Hromov. He claimed that he had his camera broken by people in balaclavas. The events were aired by “112 Ukraine” TV channel.
“I was beaten up, my camera was broken. The reason is that we are covering events in Maidan. These people in balaclavas don’t want us to cover these events in Maidan. People who spent the night in Maidan today said that people in camouflage and balaclavas encircled the tents. I came here, asked them to introduce themselves and take off their balaclavas, but they broke my camera and took away from Maidan”, - the journalist stated.
Watch the video of this incident:
Patrol police said that an investigation group will work with this incident.
Our correspondent informs: “Patrol police reacted to this incident, an investigation group should arrive to the sight to find out the details of the incident and adopt a statement from this man. Currently the situation is stable”.
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain