"Winter on Fire" premiered in the Netherlands
March 24, the Ukrainian film was screened in Hague and Amsterdam; March 25, it is to be aired in Groningen
Winter on Fire, renowned Ukrainian documentary dedicated to the events of the Revolution of Dignity in Ukraine (later 2013-early 2014), is premiered in the Netherlands. The Dutch viewers have been watching it for two days straight, said Ivan Rudyak, public activist and member of the Ukrainian diaspora in the Netherlands.
“The Dutch audience can watch the film by Yevhen Afineevsky “Winter on Fire”. The film tells stories about tough, but very crucial times in my Motherland. I believe in victory and I believe in every one of us. Glory to Ukraine!”, reads the message at Rudyak’s Facebook page.
In February 2016, the film was screened at the U.S. Congress. Ukraine’s Ambassador to the U.S. Valeriy Chaly added that the viewing of this film at such important platform will turn more attention to Ukraine. “It is about being proud to be part of our nation, part of Ukraine. In the 21st century, we are giving an example how to protect one’s future. Young Americans who watched the film now ask politicians what kind of ideals America has. It’s not about Ukraine per se; it’s more like about values , the world we live in”, Chaly said.
Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom is a 2015 documentary film about the Euromaidan protests in Ukraine, a coproduction of Ukraine, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Produced in part by Netflix, it played at various film festivals before its release on October 9, 2015 on the online streaming service.
At the 2015 Toronto film festival, the film won the Grolsch People's Choice Documentary Award. In 2016, the film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars