Ukraine’s security service chief explains why UN was denied access to holding cells
Vasyl Hrytsak says there were no people in the facilities which were closed off to UN officials
Head of Security Service of Ukraine Vasyl Hrytsak said the decision not to allow the legitimate mission of the UN Committee against torture in the SSU facilities in Mariupol and Kramatorsk (both are in Donetsk region) in the zone of the antiterrorist operation was legal. He said this to journalists in Lviv, report the "Ukrainian News".
"I have personally signed documents, which allowed to visit the SSU detention institutions, in particular the detention center, but it does not mean that foreign observers should go to the district units of the Security Service in ATO area", - he stated.
According to him, the Security Service does not keep people in regional divisions. "There are weapons and classified equipment, but we allow foreign observers to places of detention", - said the head of the SSU.
He added that the SSU showed observers the places of stay of about 600 people held in the Ministry Headquarters. "Militants" from DNR and LNR thus allowed them to 4 citizens", - he said.
Hrytsak is convinced that the SSU did not violate the law in this situation.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case