UN mission on combating torture in Ukraine to resume work in September
Its earlier visit in May was suspended
The mission of the United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture in Ukraine will resume its work in September, says the subcommittee website.
The agreement was reached during a meeting with the Parliamentary Commissioner for Human Rights Valeria Lutkovska. Previously, the next visit of the mission is scheduled for September.
The UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture delegation has suspended its visit to Ukraine after local authorities denied access to the places in several areas of the country, where Ukrainian Security Service may hold people in custody illegally.
The visit, which began on May 19 should have ended on 26 May. However, it has been suspended because of the impossibility of fulfilling the program of the visit to the fullest.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars