Ukrzaliznytsia announced completion of Beskydy tunnel construction
The tunnel should become a transit bridge between China and Europe
Building of Beskydy railway tunnel in the Carpathians is completed. This stated the Deputy Head of the Department of road building "Ukrzaliznytsia" Georgiy Lynnyk.
He congratulated all with the completion of the project and posted documentation confirming his words.
As previously reported Minister of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine Gennadiy Zubko, Beskydy tunnel should be a continuation of "Silk Road" in Europe.
In January, the first phase of construction of the tunnel was completed.
Zubko said that the issue price of the new opening of the tunnel is 60% of exports and 50 million dollars per year, which Ukraine receives from the shipping through the western border.
Beskydy tunnel in length is 1747 m was built in 1881. For a long time it was in a dangerous condition. Train traffic speed was limited there by 5 km/h.
EU Committee endorses mechanism of visa free regime suspension 8 December, 14:03
EU Parliament to consider suspension mechanism next week 9 December, 12:15
Tusk: 'Final stretch towards visa free travel for Ukraine' 8 December, 16:57
Klimkin, Spain Foreign Minister agree to intensify bilateral contacts 8 December, 19:14
- europe12:17Freight train derailed in Bulgaria, there are victims
- UKRAINE TOP 11:31Every effort is made to return political prisoners from Russia, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS10:46CIA identified individuals who helped Russia intervene in US elections
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism