Ukrainians proved they belong to European community of values, - German President
"We learned a lot about Ukraine as a nation, and thus to some extent on our role of responsibility", - he said
German President Joachim Gauck said that the world sees the Ukrainians as fighters for freedom, democracy and statehood. He said this at an event marking the 75th anniversary of the tragedy of the victims of Babyn Yar in Kyiv, according to "Interfax-Ukraine".
"Since the end of the Cold War, the Ukrainians have reminded us that they have a place in European history. They have reminded us that Ukrainians today and in the future belong to the family of nations as a sovereign and independent state, territorial integrity of which should be respected . We saw the Ukrainians as fighters for freedom, democracy and statehood ", - he said.
According to the president of Germany, Ukrainians belong to the European community of values.
"We learned a lot about Ukraine as a nation, and thus to some extent on our role of responsibility. Perhaps in Ukraine Holodomor with its numerous victims had more strongly imprinted in the collective memory of your nation than crimes of Babyn Yar. But I, as German President, I stand here and still in despair and grief on the basis of crimes of another Germans at another time ", - said Gauck.
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars