Ukrainians are tired of war and corruption, - MFA of Lithuania
Fighting corruption in Ukraine turned out to be unsuccessful
Ukrainians are fed up not only with war in the east of the country but also with corruption, stated Foreign Minister of Lithuania Linas Linkevicius in an interview to Ziniu radijas radiostation, informs Delfi.It.
Linkevicius expressed hope that resignation of Aivaras Abromavicius, ex-minister of economic development, will “finally make them understand that the time has come for a radical change”.
“The people are really tired not only of war, but also of corruption. Methods of fighting it turned out to be unsuccessful”, - Lithuanian Foreign Minister stated.
The minister added that the tense situation in the government of Ukraine “raises deep concern of everyone, who hopes for efficient reforms in Ukraine”.
According to Linkevicius the collapse of the government will cause unease in the matters of safety.
Earlier on February 4 Abromavicius announced his resignation. One of the reasons he decided to leave the Ukrainian government is alleged pressure and corruption activities of the Deputy Head of “BPP” fraction in Ukrainian Parliament Ihor Kononenko. He allegedly tried to take state enterprises under his own control.
Court of Appeal confirmed arrest of Kurchenko in absentia 18 January, 15:53
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany