Ukrainians are tired of war and corruption, - MFA of Lithuania
Fighting corruption in Ukraine turned out to be unsuccessful
Ukrainians are fed up not only with war in the east of the country but also with corruption, stated Foreign Minister of Lithuania Linas Linkevicius in an interview to Ziniu radijas radiostation, informs Delfi.It.
Linkevicius expressed hope that resignation of Aivaras Abromavicius, ex-minister of economic development, will “finally make them understand that the time has come for a radical change”.
“The people are really tired not only of war, but also of corruption. Methods of fighting it turned out to be unsuccessful”, - Lithuanian Foreign Minister stated.
The minister added that the tense situation in the government of Ukraine “raises deep concern of everyone, who hopes for efficient reforms in Ukraine”.
According to Linkevicius the collapse of the government will cause unease in the matters of safety.
Earlier on February 4 Abromavicius announced his resignation. One of the reasons he decided to leave the Ukrainian government is alleged pressure and corruption activities of the Deputy Head of “BPP” fraction in Ukrainian Parliament Ihor Kononenko. He allegedly tried to take state enterprises under his own control.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million 24 October, 11:41
Lavrynovych is ready to assist US in their investigation 11 October, 17:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case