Ukrainians are the top nation of getting EU residence permits
In 2014 EU has let 300 thousand Ukrainians to receive the documents
In 2014 the EU issued 2.3 mln official residence permits, most of which were received by the citizens of Ukraine. This data appeared on the official statistical agency of the European Union.
Accordingly, last year 300 thousand Ukrainians were granted with their residence permits. It is 13.1% of the total amount. Americans took the second place - almost 200 thousand or 8.6%. Chinese go after - 170 thousand (7.4%), and Indians - 135 thousand. (5.8%). In general, as noted, representatives of the four countries have obtained one third of all residence permits issued by the EU.
Ukrainians mainly obtained permits on the basis of employment 68.2% of the total. And some 7% got the permits for family reasons and education.
Chinese and Indians are mostly applied for residence permits to obtain education, Moroccans and Turks – for some family reasons.
Poland is the top country for granting residence permits for Ukrainians 247 thousand. Russians took eights position (after Belarus) in the list of people who moved into the European Union in 2014, particularly, 73.8 thousand.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain