Ukrainian host city of Eurovision 2017 finally defined
After 3 months of date shifting organizers finally announced the winning city
The Song Contest Eurovision-2017 will take place in Kyiv. This result of selective competition was announced by the director of the National Television Company of Ukraine Zurab Alasania during the press conference, which was broadcast 112 Ukraine TV channel.
Kyiv won with 19 votes against 2 votes for Odessa, 1 voter abstained.
The contest will be held in the International Exhibition Centre on the left bank of the Dnipro.
International Exhibition Centre will be settled in advance.
"All the sound and technical equipment needs to be apgraded. The hall should hold 12-14 thousand spectators. The surrounding area should also be well equipped - this includes landscape design, water trams from the left to the right bank," - said Yevhen Nyshchuk.
According to the Minister of Culture Eugene Yevhen Nyshchuk, Kyiv and Odesa had a real battle in the final of the competition for the right to host the contest.
He also noted that Ukraine has made its state guarantees to the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas