Ukrainian delegation expressed outrage to Council of Europe Secretary General for his report, - Gerashchenko
There is no mention of situation in Crimea and Donbas on the 104 pages of the report
Ukrainian delegation to the PACE is outraged with the report of ecretary General of Council of Europe Thorbjorn Jagland regarding the violations of human rights, which was not referred to the situation in the occupied Crimea and Donbas. This was announced on Facebook by the first vice-speaker of the Verkhovna Rada Irina Gerashchenko.
Ukrainian delegation also wasn't satisfied with the answer to their questions about the report.
"In our opinion, Yangland gave a terrible and cynical response, he said that the alleged information on the state of human rights in the occupied Crimea and Donbas is not included in the annual report on human rights, because the report includes information received from the PACE special monitoring. And since no mission last year was allowed to Crimea and Donbas, then there is no information in the report! It turns out that if the Russian Federation closed the occupied territories from the world - it is now the Council of Europe will keep silent about the abuse of Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars ", - said Gerashchenko.
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars