Ukraine’s Vice Speaker on results of UK referendum
Iryna Gheraschenko expects negative consequences for Ukraine
The consequences of the British referendum for Ukraine will be the negative ones. The EU is in tough spot due to migration crisis. Europe is under the wave of European skepticism, with growing role of radical and populist forces. Common Europeans do not even understand yet that the post-WWII Europe is shifting its shape. One will have to pay huge price for populism and irresponsibility of politicians. Unfortunately, this is what we can expect in our country.
Can this thing delay the introduction of visa free regime for Ukraine? Regrettably, yes. Serious domestic problems kill ratings of all current EU leaders, making them focus on the situation within the EU, turning blind eye on everything beyond its border. That’s how populists like Le Pen come to power. The weakened and divided Europe, the one where skeptics and optimists struggle, the one that fears its own future – that’s the sweet dream of the Kremlin.
Whatever the consequences for the EU, it is never a good reason for Ukraine to give in. That’s what this Ukrainian way is – like Ukrainian roads: full of dents and pits, but it has been always directed to the West. So, we go on. We demand that the EU fulfills its commitments regarding the visa-free regime. We expect extension of sanctions against Russia, fighting for our European prospects. There’s no other vector for Ukraine, whatever happens.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas