Ukraine’s airborne troops heading for Flaming Thunder 2016 drills in Lithuania
Servicemen to participate in multi-national exercises, starting on August 1
This year’s Flaming Thunder drills will involve Ukrainian servicemen; a mortar crew and staff officers of the 80th Airborne Assault Brigade are on their way to Lithuania to join the exercises. Ukraine’s Defense Ministry reported that on Saturday, July 30.
The artillery maneuvers will take place at the Lithuanian Armed Forces training centre near Pabrade town. The drills will be running from August 1 through 12. Servicemen from the USA, Germany, Belgium, Latvia, Lithuania and Portugal will take part, too.
The Ukrainian paratroopers took their own weaponry - specifically, 120 mm mortars, fire control systems and communication devices with them.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars