Ukraine should recognize its guilt in the genocide of Poles - Polish MP
Jan Żaryn stated that Ukrainian people are not capable of self-reflection without the help of Poland
Polish historian who became a senator from the party "Law and Justice" Jan Żaryn states that Ukraine should recognize its guilt in the genocide of the Poles if it positions itself as a European country, Pwawy.pl.
"The Ukrainian people are not capable of self-reflection without the help of Poland and Polish people, said Polish Senator. - And those events which happened in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia, it was a genocide".
"Ukrainians have to admit their guilt for the Volun massacre and recognize it as an act of genocide against the Polish Nation," he added.
Żaryn noted that if Ukraine identifies itself as a European country, it can not support the "genocide held organization OUN-UPA and military structures."
Ukrainian side argues that “Volun massacre” were mutual ethnic cleansing of Ukrainian and Polish people conducted by Ukrainian Insurgent Army (Ukrayinska Povstanska Armiya, UPA) and the Polish Home Army (Armia Krajowa) together with Polish Schutzmannschaft battalions, and Soviet partisans in 1943 during the Second World War in Volyn, Western Ukraine. While Polish side states that it was genocide of the Polish people.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels