Ukraine participates in NATO's Brave Warrior exercise in Hungary
400 country's troops to train in the region in western Hungary, September 14-21
An international military exercise Brave Warrior 2015, which started in Hungary September 14 and will last until September 21, involve servicemen from Ukraine, Radiosvoboda.
Each country sends to Hungary 400 troops. Meanwhile, the U.S. contributed the largest contingent, 550 U.S. infantry mechanized columns consisting of 150 pieces of equipment, including military rescue MEDEVAC helicopters, arrived here last week. As a part of military maneuvers in Hungary reconnaissance warplane E3A AWACS is used for educational purposes, which is in service with the US Army. Most of the exercise takes place in the Várpalota region in western Hungary.
The last time such a column of the U.S. and NATO departed from Western Europe to the central part of the continent to the territories of Eastern European NATO allies in March 2015. The exercise is aimed at demonstrating NATO’s collective defence capabilities, as well as joint efforts by NATO and its allies to strengthen Europe’s stability.
Brave Warrior 2015 is a part of a series of NATO drills in several countries, will involve 1,800 troops. The operations will be headed by Hungarian officers, and gatheres servicemen from Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Croatia, the US, and Ukraine.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case