Ukraine outraged at opening office of pro-Russia militants in Czech Republic
The Foreign Ministry sent the Czech side respective diplomatic note
Ukraine officially protests against the fact of opening of the so-called diplomatic office of self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic in Ostrava town, Czech Republic. Foreign Ministry released the respective statement on September 1.
The diplomatic note was handed over to the Czech Embassy in Kyiv.
The document urges to take the necessary steps so that the authorities of Ostrava town reconsider their decision to officially register the terrorist organization; the very fact breaches the international law and the bilateral Ukraine-Czech agreements.
‘Due to the official position of the Czech Republic, which has been firmly and consecutively supporting Ukraine’s territorial integrity and sovereignty, we expect adequate actions from our partners in the near time. The information about particular citizens of the Czech Republic and their attempts to legalize the terrorist organization was also handed over to Ukraine’s law enforcement agencies’, reads the note. " "
Speaker of Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry Maryana Betsa told 112 Ukraine TV channel that this protest note is not the first one that the Ministry sent to the Czech Republic so as to settle the issue. " " " " " " " " "
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels