Ukraine may withdraw from participation in PACE
Ukraine may withdraw its delegation from participation in PACE in the case elections in occupied Crimea are recognized, - Klimkin
Ukraine may withdraw from participation in the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly (PACE) in case the powers of the authorities of the Russian delegation in this organization will be recognized, despite the illegitimacy of the elections to the State Duma in the occupied Crimea. This was announced by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin on air of Freedom of Speech talk show on ICTV TV channel.
"Our position is very simple: if the powers of the Russian delegation, for instance in PACE, will be recognized, positively recognized, we will consider a variety of options - even including not participating in PACE. Of course, I can not say this to the Ukrainian people's deputies - it is up to them to take their independent decision - but I will advise to take very radical steps," - he said.
The Foreign Minister noted that Ukraine needs to take "clear and radical steps."
"All Russian elections to the State Duma can not be legitimate because of the illegitimate and null elections in the territory of temporarily occupied Crimea. So we have questions regarding conducting of these elections in the occupied Crimea. How Russian State Duma will be perceived after the elections? Whereas the results of the voting are awry and misrepresented by definition. And the issue of legitimacy of this Duma arises," - stressed the Minister.
At the same time, the Coordinator of the civic network Opora, the representative of Ukraine Olha Aivazovska believes that Ukraine should not revoke the delegation from the PACE. On this she wrote to Facebook.
"Elections can't be free and fair when 2 million citizens are forcible added into the voters lists, who were forced to get Russian citizenship due to pressure and intimidation," - wrote Olha Aivazovska on her Facebook.
"It's no good to provide the enemy with a comfortable environment to exercise their diplomatic and political expansion, "- she summed up.
It was reported earlier, polling stations are to be formed in the Russian Embassy in Kyiv and in the Consulate General of Russia in Odessa, Lviv and Kharkiv on September 18 - the election day in Russia.
Later, the Foreign Ministry claimed that holding the elections of deputies of the State Duma of Russia at the Russian diplomatic missions in the territory of Ukraine is possible only after the refusal of the Russian side to hold the elections inside the occupied territories.
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Poroshenko: It’s not time to reinstate Russia’s rights in PACE 13 October, 19:01
Information policy minister: Russia should stay away from PACE 12 October, 15:11
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars