Ukraine is so educated and so corrupted at one time - Spanish Ambassador
Spain is interested to cooperate in defense industry and renewable energy cooperation
According to the UNDP index of education, Ukraine took the 29th place, "it is even higher than the same figure in the UK," noted the Ambassador. According to him, if Ukraine defeats the corruption, it will gain a lot from signing the Free Trade Agreement with the EU. He added that for the Spanish side it will bring benefits as well, because 80% of the Spanish economy is currently focused on the development of external economic activities and markets.
"The level of economic cooperation between Spain and Ukraine is low, but the enactment of a free and comprehensive trade area between the EU and Ukraine can resolve the situation and bring private capital from Spain to Ukraine," noted Mr. Ottone. "No doubt, Spanish companies will be ready to go to Ukraine if they have legal guarantees. For example, it seems like defense industry and renewable energy are the most interesting areas for copperation. Spanish companies manufacture almost everything that Ukraine needs," according to the Ambassador.
More than 80 thousand Ukrainians legally migrated to Spain, and the number of illegal migrants is also high, but they create a positive image in Spain, the diplomat higlighted. "The problem is that the level of our cooperation is very low, so when it rises, we can see the opportunities for common work," said Gerardo Ángel Bugallo Ottone.
Poroshenko: Ukraine to learn Norwegian experience in energy area 18 October, 20:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars