Ukraine is largest exporter of wheat to EU in 2015/16
Ukrainian wheat export is ahead of USA, Canada and Russia altogether
The state supplied the European Union with the 1.6 million tons of wheat. That's a half of its wheat import this year. Ukraine has also used its entire duty-free importation quote to EU in 2016, supplying it with 950 thousand tons of crops.
The trade commissioner of Ukraine Natalya Mykolska reports this on her Facebook page.
"According to our partners, the European Commission's Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development, Ukraine is the largest importer of wheat in the EU this year. The state has already imported 1.637 million tons of wheat, or 49% of total imports into the EU. This means that we are ahead of the United States, Canada and Russia combined", - she writes.
Mykolska has also mentioned that the exhaustion of a quota doesn't mean that Ukraine will stop the wheat import to EU.
"It is true that Ukraine has exhausted the quota of the duty-free import to the EU. Nevertheless that doesn't mean that we will stop supplying Europe with wheat. We will continue the deliveries in the framework of a global EU quota on crops and outside of the quotas", - the trade commissioner features.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars