Ukraine can attract the EU Mission to stabilize the situation in Donbass
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko previously insisted on the involvement of the EU mission in order to support the Minsk agreements
Ukraine is considering the possibility of involvement of the EU Mission for stabilization the situation in Donbass. This was announced by Kostyantyn Yeliseev, Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration, in the interview to 'Interfax-Ukraine'.
Yeliseev noticed that such a step will be a kind of stabilizational mission in support of the execution of Minsk agreements.
According to him, the main purpose of the Mission may be to facilitate the strict coordination with the OSCE in conducting the democratic local elections, disarmament and demobilization process and what is more - to help in restoring the effective control over the Ukrainian side of the border and its support in post-conflict peace issues in Donbass.
Later, the President of the European Council, Donald Tusk said that the EU intends to send a civil assessment mission to Ukraine.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas