UK to increase assistance to Ukraine for the next year
British Secretary of State for Defense did not provide the details of the assistance
"We will increase our support for Ukraine in the next fiscal year," British Secretary of State for Defense Michael Fallon said after talks with the head of the US Defense Department, Ria.ru.
The official also confirmed that Britain, in terms of NATO, to send troops in the Baltic states.
Fallon previously reported that the UK has a program of assistance to the armed forces of Ukraine, providing additional training of Ukrainian servicemen and extra non-lethal military equipment.
In August, the British specialists conducted training courses for about 250 Ukrainian troops. Since March, under the current training program in British instructors 650 Ukrainian soldiers were trained.
Recalling, President Poroshenko stated that Ukraine is supplied with armored cars from the US and the UK. Kyiv, in turn, equips them with precision weapons and deliver to Ukrainian troops. Ukrainian Minister of Defense also stated that Ukraine will accept supply of lethal weapons from the UK if such an agreement is reached.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas