The EU will allocate 1.26 million euros to Ukraine on polio vaccines
Two rounds of immunization against polio were conducted in November 2015
The EU will allocate 1.255 million euros to Ukraine to fight poliomyelitis, informs the press-service of the EU Delegation in Ukraine.
The funds will be used in the third round of immunization against polio. Funding is allocated through the EU Service on Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection.
The first two rounds of immunization were conducted in November 2015, after the WHO confirmed the outbreak of the disease. During the third round, coordinated by UNICEF and WHO together with the Ministries of Health and Education, 4.75 million of children under 10 years old will be immunized. Vaccines funded by the EU were delivered within the first week of January for the preparation for the third immunization.
At the end of August 2015, the WHO confirmed the cases of polio in Ukraine – the first outbreak of the destructive child disease in Europe since 2010. The EU and other international donors provided aid to Ukraine to fund a powerful immunization campaign.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case