The EU to provide Ukraine with EUR 200 mln of macroeconomic assistance
The costs will be spent on decentralization of power, business support and reform of state service
The EU will continue to provide financial assistance to Ukraine, allocating in 2016 EUR 200 mln to support a number of ongoing reforms and initiatives in the country. Jan Tombinski, Head of EU Delegation to Ukraine said this in an interview with Interfax-Ukraine.
“We annually allocate this sum to support various projects in Ukraine. The most important one is the process of decentralization of power. It’s all about teaching people and supporting new communities that are being created”, Tombinski said.
According to him, the EU will offer Ukraine assistance in fighting corruption, state resources management, business support and the state service reform.
"There’s also macroeconomic assistance that the EU provides to Ukraine. In 2014 and 2015, Ukraine received EUR 1.6 bn of aid, and currently we are working on the 2016 macro-economic program. Since the beginning of the crisis in eastern Ukraine, the EU and its member countries jointly issued some EUR 240 mln for the financial support of the most vulnerable strata of the Ukrainian society”, the diplomat said.
Under the EU-Ukraine macroeconomic assistance program, Ukraine received a tranche of EUR 600 mln of the 1.8 bln foreseen by the program.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars