EU might push for bigger role in Minsk process
Brussels RFE/RL reporter predicts the bigger EU role in settling Donbas conflict in Ukraine
Brussels reporter for Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty Rikard Jozwiak the issue of Donbas to be discussed during "a meeting of Europe's Foreign Minister in Bratislava.
"The EU might push for a bigger role in the Minsk process. Can be discussed when EU FMs meet in Bratislava this week," - reads "Jozwiak's Twitter message.
Informal meeting of foreign affairs ministers in Gymnich format (strategic discussion format) is to be held on September, 2 - 3. Gymnich will be hosted by Mr Miroslav Lajcak, Minister for Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic. Discussions will be chaired by Ms Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the European Commission.
Current topics of global foreign and security policy will be discussed, focusing on counter-terrorism, "prevention of "radicalization and extremism and a search for synergies.
After the meeting, an informal lunch of EU foreign ministers with partners from 6 Eastern Partnership countries, including Ukraine will take place.
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case