Territorial integrity of Ukraine should be renewed - Merkel
German Cancellor called Minsk agreement to be the "glimmer of hope" for overcoming the crisis in Ukraine
Chancellor Angela Merkel states that the crisis in Ukraine continues to be in the focus of Germany and the European Union, despite the wave of migrants to Europe. Her statements on Ukraine were published by Ukraine's ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk.
"The goal of Europe is the renewal of self-determination of Ukraine and its territorial integrity,” as stated Chancellor of Germany.
Merkel highlighted that the essential elements of the solution to the crisis are the withdrawal of all troops and mercenaries who stay in the country illegally, and the return of border control to Kyiv.
"The cancelation of the “local elections” in the militants-controlled territories is our common success," she said. In addition, Merkel also called Minsk agreement to be the "glimmer of hope" which gives a chance to move towards a political solution in the country.
Recalling, Angela Merkel had stated that the country is ready to allocate €500 mln, which could be immediately directed at restoration of Donbas infrastructure.
In the begining of October Merkel stated that Ukraine quite rightly expects its territorial integrity to be respected, perhaps not with regard to Crimea, but for the rest of the country.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels