Steinmeier: "Germany and France have done a lot to resolve the Ukrainian crisis"
Meeting of the "Normandy Four" Ministers is scheduled for Wednesday, May 11
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said that Germany and France have done a lot to resolve the Ukrainian crisis and in order to prevent war in the center of Europe. He said this before a meeting of foreign ministers of "Normandy Four", to be held in Berlin on Wednesday, reports "Ukrinform".
"The German and French foreign policy have invested much time and effort in order to provide mediation services to resolve the conflict in the east of Ukraine and to prevent a military escalation, and open war in the center of Europe", - the minister said in a statement.
From what has been accomplished so far, the head of the German Foreign Ministry noted significant improvement in the security situation (though it does not satisfy the parties), as compared to what it was a year ago. However, the diplomat said, "the truth is that we are breaking lances for months in an attempt to force Moscow, Kyiv and separatists to continue to implement the agreements that they coordinated themselves in Minsk." The progress towards a political settlement he called "progress of a snail, which moves forward millimeter by millimeter."
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars