Slovak PM accuses Ukraine of violating Minsk agreements
Ukraine less fulfills Minsk agreements than Russia, and is not "good guy"
Ukraine does less to fulfill Minsk agreements than Russia. Prime Minister of Slovakia Robert Fico stated this, calling on the European Union to lift sanctions against Russia, Reuters reports.
"Talking about the implementation of the Minsk agreement, it must be said it is clear that both parties violate it. In fact, if we have tested how Ukraine does its part, and now we clearly see Ukraine fulfills its even less than Russia. This is not true that Ukraine is a good guy and Russia is the bad guy", said Fico.
Slovak Prime Minister said that sanctions against Russia proved to be ineffective, harmful to the European Union and the economic interests of Slovakia. However, he added that he would respect the joint EU position on this issue.
Prime Minister of Slovakia Robert Fico during his meeting with Chairman of the Russian State Duma Sergey Naryshkin on June 3, 2015 stated the need to stop the "competition" of the EU sanctions with Russia. He noted that economic sanctions against Russia have a negative impact on the Slovak economy.
Note that, despite the violations of the ceasefire state by the Russia-backed militants, Ukraine continues to adhere to the Minsk agreements.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas