Rutte: Netherlands may not sign association agreement with Ukraine
Dutch Prime Minister says there is possibility for not signing Ukraine-EU Association
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said that the state cannot sign the agreement on association between Ukraine and the EU, if the agreement isn’t reached on the level of EU leaders and Dutch political parties.
During a meeting of the EU member states MPs in The Hague Rutte also called the results of the April referendum "catastrophic", nv.ua reports.
According to the Dutch prime minister, he is strongly opposed to referendums, particularly with regard to multilateral agreements, "because it does not make sense."
Recall, according to the results of the referendum, the Netherlands did not support the ratification of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU.
The Dutch government wanted to change some details of the Association Agreement on June 7.
The deletion of the cooperation agreement between Ukraine and the EU in the field of defense, or at least, mitigate the conditions for such cooperation may be one the changes.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain