Rethinking marriage: a wedding with a chair in Kyiv
In the framework of Kyiv Biennale 2015 a very unusual "Queer-chapel" was opened
"Queer-chapel" operated in the House of clothes under the Kyiv Biennale 2015 "Kyiv School". The first mass wedding ceremony of anyone with anyone (LGBT unions, polygamous, incest couples, multiple, interspecific marriage with a pet or a chair, etc.") took place in the Ukraine's capital on the 1st of November.
One of the slogants of such an unusual event was "Let's mutate and get married!"
The organizator of the event Liubov Malikova in her interview with Cultprostir explained the idea of such a ceremony: "Our queer chapel is, on the one hand, an ironic look at the institution of marriage as such, and the procedure of the church wedding in its current form, in particular. On the other hand, it is impossible to ignore the obvious problem: many people like to marry, but this feature is actually a privilege. A great percent of the population in all its diversity is deprived of the opportunity to legitimize their relationship in the eyes of society, the state, and the church".
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars