Referendum in the Netherlands: many Dutch still haven’t made their choice, - Foreign Ministry
Ministry’s Special Envoy mentioned the latest surveys conducted among the Dutch
Currently, the number of opponents overweighs the number of supporters of Ukraine’s association with the EU. However, large part of voters in the Netherlands has not yet made up their mind, said Dmytro Kuleba, Special Envoy of Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry. He referred to several surveys recently conducted in the Netherlands. “All of them show that there are many opponents of the association. AT the same time, there are many citizens who still haven’t made their choice. Besides, people are prone to change their minds as they are influenced by certain spontaneous factors”, Kuleba said as quoted by Radio Liberty.
According to him, though the Dutch Parliament approved the EU-Ukraine Association Agreeement, the government will have to contend with the outcome of the nationwide referendum scheduled for April 6.
The Dutch Parliament ratified the agreement in July 2015. The referendum on the EU-Ukraine association is supposed to show public attitude to the issue; it is considered consultative and has no judicial power. If Amsterdam declines the idea to ratify the agreement, it will still be valid for the rest of EU members, experts assume.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case