Rebecca Harms: "We shouldn’t expect the new EU sanctions against Russia"
The reason is a strong opposition within the EU countries
We shouldn’t expect the introduction of the new EU sanctions against Russia because of strong opposition within the EU, said in an interview Co-chairman of the Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance faction in the European Parliament Rebecca Harms.
"Frankly, if we will be able to preserve sanctions in the EU, which are now in force, then we will have tools of pressure on Russia - and that will be good," - said the MEP, stressing that Russia does not fulfill the Minsk agreement, so the US and EU should increase the pressure on it.
According to Harms, there is an opposition to the new sanctions against Russia in many EU countries. The Social Democrats in Germany, which are the part of ruling coalition, are ready to normalize relations with Russia, she said. Rebecca Harms also expressed doubt that the majority of EU countries would approve the Savchenko list. " Savchenko list is approved by Lithuania and maybe it will be accepted by the rest of the Baltic States, but other countries will not join them," - she said.
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars