Promotion of procedures for EU-Ukraine visa-free regime will be successful
Ukraine and Georgia has fulfilled all necessary obligations, Hahn says
The situation with the promotion procedure of visa-free regime with Ukraine will be successful, as in the case of Georgia.
The European Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy Johannes Hahn said this in an interview with Radio Svoboda.
"I would say that the situation in respect of Ukraine shall be the same as in the case of Georgia. The countries have met all the conditions and I have not heard of any problems or issues neither from the EU Member States nor from the European Parliament", Hahn stressed.
Recall that Ivanna Klympush-Tsyntsadze, Ukraine’s Vice Prime Minister for EU integration, said Ukraine has every chance to get the visa free regime with the EU already this autumn, as Kyiv fulfilled all respective requirements of the EU.
Earlier, the European Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and negotiations on expanding Johannes Hahn said that the issue of granting Ukraine visa-free regime with the European Union is in the final stage.
In turn, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said he did not doubt that the European Union will decide to grant Ukraine the visa-free regime in autumn.
The European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) voted in favor of the introduction of Ukraine in the list of countries with which the EU introduces visa-free regime on September 26.
The EU-Ukraine summit in Brussels is likely to take place on November 24, 2016. Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin mentioned that the visa-free regime can be granted during the summit.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars