Prime Minister of Greece Tsipras to visit Ukraine in 2016
Tsipras emphasizes the importance of granting Ukraine visa-free access to the EU
Greek Premier Aleksis Tsypras met Ukraine's President Petro Portoshenko on the sideline of the World Economic Forum in Greece.
Both sides called for the implementation of existing bilateral mechanisms, in particular, the Ukrainian-Greek Intergovernmental Working Group on economic, industrial and technological cooperation in order to improve collaboration efficiency concerning Trade Free Area between Ukraine and the EU.
Poroshenko expressed gratitude for the support of sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine. Both sides recognized the importance of sanctions to encourage Russia to keep to Minsk deal.
Poroshenko also thanked Tsypras for providing medical rehabilitation to Ukrainian soldiers in Greece. He invited Tsypras to visit Ukraine in 2016.
Earlier, Greek Parliament ratified the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas