Poroshenko to visit Brussels on December 16-17
The Head of the state and EU diplomats will discuss visa-free regime and extension of sanctions against Russia
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko will visit Brussels on December 16 and 17. The key topics of his talks with EU officials will be visa-free regime for Ukraine and extension of sanctions against Russia.
It is expected that the Head of the state meets President of the European Council Donald Tusk, Head of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker and Head of the European Parliament Martin Schulz.
Previously, on December 15, the European Commission planned to release a report with positive recommendations regarding the visa-free regime for Ukraine. However, EU diplomats later said that the report would be released by the end of the passing year.
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry expects that Ukrainian citizens can enjoy the benefits of the visa-free regime 2-3 months after the European Commission and the European Council make their respective decisions.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars