Poroshenko to visit Brussels, negotiate extension of sanctions against Russia
The President says the decision could be made until December 17
President Petro Poroshenko will go to Brussels on December 16 so as to negotiate with European partners on extension of sanctions against Russia. The Head of the state told this 112. Ukraine TV channel before the awards ceremony for Ukrainian servicemen on Friday, as Ukraine marks the Armed Forces Day.
“Diplomats work hard in order to provide unanimous decision of the EU, so that by December 17, the decision is made to prolong sanctions against Russia”, Poroshenko said, adding that he plans to visit Brussels on December 16 to solve this issue.
Previously, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said sanctions against Russia won’t be lifted until Russia completely abides by the Minsk agreements. During the G20 Summit, European leaders agreed that the sanctions against Russia will be extended for another six months.
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars