Poroshenko tells Hollande and Merkel about situation in Donbas
Head of State notes violations of ceasefire by pro-Russian militants, which prevent a political settlement
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko had a telephone conversation with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande. The press service of the President Administration reported this.
He noted violations of the ceasefire by the Russia-backed militants, which prevent a political settlement.
The two sides agreed that Ukraine's security and issues of border control are very important. They also stated that sanctions against Russia should remain until the full implementation of the Minsk peace deals. The sides agreed to intensify the negotiations.
President urged to speed up the solution of granting the visa-free regime with EU for Ukrainians.
Poroshenko has also turned to Francois Hollande with a request to assist with the visa approval of Ukrainian fans planning to visit the European Football Championship, which will take place in France.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars