Poroshenko hopes France would support the abolition of EU visas for Ukrainians
President also welcomes extension of sanctions against Russia in response to illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko during his visit to France, met with the Speaker of the Senate (the upper chamber of the French parliament) Gerard Larcher. It is reported by the press service of the Ukrainian state.
Thus, Poroshenko expressed deep disappointment with the adopted on June 8, 2016 Senate resolution regarding the gradual easing of European Union sanctions against Russian Federation.
"The President noted that this decision is not consistent with the values underpinning the European Union and which Ukraine shares too. He stressed that the international community must be resolute and united in its response to the neglect of international law by Russia.", - Said in a statement.
"The president expressed hope that France will continue to help Ukraine on the path of reform, and to support the decision to grant in the near future visa-free regime for Ukrainians", - said in a statement.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels