Poroshenko discusses visa-free regime and Donbas issue with Euro-MPs
Ukraine’s President called on MPs to promote early conclusion of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement ratification after Netherlands referendum results
President of Ukraine met with the delegation of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE), headed by Hans van Baalen and Petras Auštrevičius. They discussed the visa-free regime for Ukraine and the situation in the Donbas region, the President’s Administration press service reports.
"Ukraine has fulfilled its part of the obligations, and it’s now EU’s turn to adhere its own obligations", press service quoted Auštrevičius.
Poroshenko urged the European Parliament to promote the speedy completion of the ratification of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU after a consultative referendum results in the Netherlands. European MPs, in turn, assured Poroshenko they are ready to speed up the work on the decision of the EU visa-free regime for Ukrainian citizens’ introduction this fall.
Poroshenko also informed the European Parliament on the situation in the Donbas region. The head of State emphasized that Russia and the Russia-backed militants do not fulfill the Minsk agreements and "make it impossible to move to the political process". The President also noted the need to coordinate actions for the Crimea de-occupation to stop violating the rights of the peninsula.
Ukrainian President praised the continued support of ALDE's for Ukraine’s territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence and the straight position with respect to the condemnation of Russian aggression against Ukraine and the illegal annexation of Crimea.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case